Thursday, August 23, 2012

Not such good news

Haven't written much since June because there wasn't much fun to share.  I returned to Tucson earlier than planned because I wanted to see a local hand surgeon about my finger.

Had the splint removed from my pinkie and the tendon didn't reattach.  That means I'll have a permanently bent finger or have the finger fused into a straight line.  I'm going to wait a few weeks to see how much it bothers me before making a decision.

The good news is that it doesn't seem to adversely affect cycling.  I'm heading out in a few days for the Paralympics in London followed by a couple weeks cycling in Italy.  Traveling should give me a good feel for what I will do about the finger.

Oh well,  guess that is what happens when one is physically active.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sal! Sorry to learn about your finger...you'd think that we'd be done injuring ourselves at our age! Ha! Glad to know the injury doesn't inhibit your biking.
    Bob rode in his first bike race today, 62 miles, one for each year. Its his new passion for which I am very thankful. He made the whole thing.
    Be safe as you go on your way. Say ciao bella to Italy for me!
    See you in Oct!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally,

    Am I to understand that due to your injured pinky-finger that you are now qualified to participate in the Paralympics?

    I hope you have a great time in England and Italy ... see you sometime in the fall.

    ReplyDelete